Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Objectified: Response

    I watched the Gary Hustwit's documentary: Objectified and had to choose something in the video and create a 3D object in Tinkercad. What I chose was three watches at 44:35 time stamp. The reason why I chose the watches was because I thought it would be easier side compare to all the rest of the items in the video. Plus I think design-wise they're not half bad, something I might even wear if I was a watch person. 

But even when I was making it in Tinkercad I still had difficulties on making my desire shape. I shudder to think what would have happen had I chosen something like a camera or the vacuum. My main problem was making the little knob that turns the hand, specifically the little nots, and the other problem I came to was aligning the hour, minute, and second hand. I took more time on the two problems than I did watching the hour long video. I think I need more time to work on Tinkercad, it feels so different to work on this program, like learning to ride a bike.

However I think my watches aren't too bad.




Goodbye


No comments:

Post a Comment

MILESTONE PROJECTS

Final blog post, here we go! Below will be a compiled set of pictures of my better works. Objectified Response: Mesh Mashup:     Papercraft ...