Tuesday, March 28, 2023

3D PRINTED HOLLOW FORM OBJECT: THE HYBRID

 First I had to make at least six concepts that's either hollow or self-supporting or both. And then I had to combine one of them with those with my partners for the final project.


I like this one. I used this model as a way to learn how to use the boolean tools, kinda neat and handy tool.

Probably my worse one. But it was also my first model (I don't know why I uploaded this second). This model was a way for me to learn twisting and tapering.

It's an ice-cream cone. I made this because I was in a mood for ice-cream. I wasn't sure if I should have made the spheres like we did in class before or I should have used the actual sphere object tool to make a perfect round sphere. My thoughts was if I had to 3D print this, the flat-ish top would have been able to support the printing, hopefully.

Did a spiral staircase. I like this the most. Learning how to make a spiral upward was pretty neat.


I made an emphasis on the twist deform tool on this model. This is my second favorite, thought it was pretty cool.


My last object was a house with a chimney. This was also the model that I would be using to incorporate it with my collaboration with my two partners, Bin and Zoey.

The idea here was at first we thought about doing a tree house motif, but it didn't play out because when uploading it on the 3D printing software there were errors, because we initially had the house on top of Zoey's large twisted model. Bin wanted to use his curved star model and decided to attached as the chimney. With the final concept the 3D printing software didn't show any problems, as far as I could see. 

Thank you,

Goodbye~

No comments:

Post a Comment

MILESTONE PROJECTS

Final blog post, here we go! Below will be a compiled set of pictures of my better works. Objectified Response: Mesh Mashup:     Papercraft ...